It's been two months since the race we'll be talking about for the next 20 years finished. It was by far the toughest sports-related thing I've ever done. I always knew it was going to be hard, but to be honest, little did i know. Every day was a little more difficult than the day before and the weather didn't exactly make our lives easier, either. We had wind, rain and even snow on the way and when your body has to cope with extremely heavy sports i noticed it can't handle hypothermia well anymore. We finished the 8-stage-race in 183rd place overall (out of 550), with the final time of about 41hours. I'd say that was surprisingly good result for our debut.
It took roughly a month until I was physically back in normal state after the race and I've got no idea when i could even imagine having motivation for one-day races again. I'm lucky winter is just around a corner and things might feel very different in 6 months.
Unfortunately it seems like we are not going to participate in Bike Transalp in 2012. I might wanna have a go, but Ville isn't too keen on the idea of it. Not yet, at least. I had an honour of riding the race with him and I honestly don't know if I would've made it to the finish line on stage 5 without him. I'll always owe him a big one for that.
I'd like to thank Yamaha and Hi5bikes one more time for their support and help.
-riku

Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti
Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.