For the last two years, I've been thinking about Transalp on every single training ride and it has come to this. I'll leave the day after tomorrow to Germany, where the start will be on Saturday. There's no way i can figure out how it'll go, what time we'll be able to ride it in or even if i'm ready. All I know is that i've done my homework. I''m fitter than i've ever been and i couldn't have trained more without sacrificing things i'm not willing to sacrifice. So in that light, yes, I'm ready. Bring it on. I hope for a sunny weather, but if it rains, it rains, and we'll get wet. It doesn't matter.
We received our last bits of riding gear today and i've packed my bicycle in the bag already. Tomorrow will be an easy day of rest for me. I won't be writing anything into this blog from the mountains, but i'll try to update my twitter page daily.
There are a few people who have helped us on the way and who without we would have had another huge mountain to climb, even way before the race itself. So EXTRA BIG THANK YOU'S go to:
YAMAHA
HI5BIKES
SERICUS
SIMO
and all the people at my work, who i already thought are completely fed up with my blahblah stories about my blahblah training for the blahblah bike race, but little did i know. They gave us presents, wished us all the best of luck and helped us in a way i couldn't imagine in my wildest thoughts and i don't know how to thank them enough.
WE SALUTE YOU!!!
4 nights to sleep and then it's showtime! Let's go ride a bike!
-riku
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti
Huomaa: vain tämän blogin jäsen voi lisätä kommentin.